Your uterus normally weighs about 50g,but by week 36, it weighs more than 1kg – that is more than 20 times heavier than normal!!!!!
Second stage of labor – your dream comes true!!!!
Experiencing the birth of your child is a special and unique experience. No two deliveries are alike and there is no way to predict with total accuracy how your delivery will go. However, we can predict the stages you will go through during labor and childbirth and what you can generally expect.
The second stage of childbirth involves pushing and the delivery of your baby. Until this point your body has been doing all the work for you. Now that your cervix has fully dilated to 10 cm it is your time to help by pushing.
- The second stage can last from 20 minutes to 2 hours
- Contractions will last about 45-90 seconds at intervals of 3-5 minutes rest in between
- You will have a strong natural urge to push
- You will feel strong pressure at your rectum
- You are likely to have a minor bowel or urination accident
- Your baby’s head will eventually crown (become visible)