An Excellent Source of Iron
During your pregnancy, ensuring that you have sufficient amount iron in the body is one of the most important things to do. When you are suffering a lack of iron during your pregnancy, it will lead to the risk of anemia. To prevent this iron deficiency problem, pomegranate fruit is one the best natural cure rather than the iron pills that your doctor gave to you. Pomegranate is one of the fruit that contains perfect amounts of iron.
Great Source of Vitamin C
Just like most of the fruits, pomegranate contains high amounts of Vitamin C. The Vitamin C is truly beneficial for every woman that getting pregnant. These are the benefits of Vitamin C during your pregnancy.
- This vitamin can help to absorb the iron from various foods into your body, which will facilitate you to gain the full benefit of iron that already described above.
- This vitamin will help your body to make collagen, which is a structural protein to keep you and your baby’s bones become stronger and healthier.
- Based on some studies, vitamin C is also essential to maximizes the mental development of your baby.
An Excellent Source of Vitamin K
Pomegranate fruit also contains a high level of Vitamin K which will truly beneficial for pregnant women.Vitamin K can take a vital role in strengthening your bones and also it will help to develop the strength of your baby’s bones.
High Amount of Potassium
Potassium is one of the minerals that played an important role to everything that related in maintaining fluid and the balance of your electrolyte in the body. So, it is truly beneficial for pregnant women to consume pomegranate, which is an excellent source of potassium and here are the benefit that you could get if you are consuming pomegranate related to its potassium component.
- During your pregnancy, that is no doubt that your blood volume will expand up to 50 percent than the normal women. As the consequences, you need more electrolytes like potassium to keep the extra fluid in the right chemical balance.
- Potassium is also essential to help your muscle to contract, especially when your pregnancy is already at the later stage and you are about to giving a birth to your baby.
- The potassium deficiency will make you have a high risk to suffer from various cramps during the pregnancy. So, it is really important to consume pomegranate to ensure that you will prevented from cramps, especially leg cramps.
High Amount of Folate
Pomegranate fruit contains high amount of folate. Folate is one of the most important components to consider during your pregnancy because it will boost both of you and your baby’s development.
Great Number of Phytochemical Compounds
Pomegranate fruit contains high amounts of phytochemical compounds. During your pregnancy, it is very important to maintain your blood pressure.Eating pomegranate fruit will help you to lowering your blood pressure and also it will protect you from serious problem associated with preeclampsia during your pregnancy.
Source of Antioxidant
During your pregnancy, antioxidant is one of the most important compounds that you need to get a healthy pregnancy.
Prevents Brain Damage
There are some studies that conducted in mice, that the pomegranate fruit will be an effective way to protect yourself from the brain damage due to poor oxygen with its polyphenols compounds.During the pregnancy, your brain will be at risk due to lack of oxygen which will lead to problems such as premature labor and developmental irregularities. Eating pomegranate will be the best way to protect you from that.
Keep You Hydrated and Fulfills the Calories
During your pregnancy, the requirements of calories that you must fulfill will be increased because your baby needs some nutrients from the food that you just ate. Eating pomegranate fruit will help you to fulfill the needs of calories as it is contains pretty high amounts of calories and nutrients. Pomegranate is also one of the most juiciest fruits that contains a lot of water, something that is essential to keep you hydrated during your pregnancy.